iConfirm BlogiConfirm BlogiConfirm Blog
  • News
  • Politics
  • Anambra News
  • Education
  • Events
  • Sports
  • Gossips
  • Events
  • Entertainment
  • Health
  • Business
  • Opinion
  • crisis
  • Crime
  • Tragedy
Font ResizerAa
iConfirm BlogiConfirm Blog
Font ResizerAa
  • News
  • Politics
  • Anambra News
  • Education
  • Events
  • Sports
  • Gossips
  • Events
  • Entertainment
  • Health
  • Business
  • Opinion
  • crisis
  • Crime
  • Tragedy
Search
  • News
  • Politics
  • Anambra News
  • Education
  • Events
  • Sports
  • Gossips
  • Events
  • Entertainment
  • Health
  • Business
  • Opinion
  • crisis
  • Crime
  • Tragedy
Follow US
iConfirm Blog > Blog > News > Drama in Jos as Police and Soldiers Exchange Blows Over Arrest Attempt
NewsNigeria

Drama in Jos as Police and Soldiers Exchange Blows Over Arrest Attempt

Stella
Last updated: December 4, 2025 4:16 pm
Stella
Share
3 Min Read
SHARE

A physical altercation erupted on Monday between two officers of the Nigeria Police Force and a group of soldiers at a popular mall along Ahmadu Bello Way in Jos, the Plateau State capital.

The incident was detailed by social media user Bello Lukman on Facebook, who stated the dispute began when a policeman stopped an aggrieved soldier from arresting a phone trader.

Lukman claimed the problem started after a soldier accused a roadside phone dealer of spoiling his phone instead of repairing it.

Lukman wrote:

“A policeman was beaten and disarmed yesterday at the GSM centre in Hamaz area of Jos, the Plateau state capital. Eyewitness report indicate that the soldiers had a problem with a road side phone dealer. The soldier was angry the dealer spoilt instead of repairing his phone. He wanted to arrest him but the policeman prevented the soldier from doing so.”

The policeman reportedly asked the soldier to take the dealer to the police station instead. Lukman claimed the soldier then called colleagues who arrived in a Hilux:

“They beat up the police, wounded him and left with his gun. Police in the area were consequently withdrawn, with the traders making frantic effort to engage other security agents to help secure the area. A bloodbath was therefore averted as the policeman also corked his gun.”

The spokesperson of the Plateau State Police Command, SP Alabo Alfred, later disclosed that the situation had been brought under control and called on residents to go about their normal businesses.

In a statement, SP Alfred said:

“The Plateau State Police Command is aware of the recent altercation between police officers and military personnel that occurred on December 1, 2025, at Hamaz, Ahmadu Bello Way, Jos. The incident has been taken seriously and thoroughly investigated, and the security personnel involved in the disgraceful act have been sanctioned accordingly by the management of the respective agencies.”

He assured the public that the agencies have resolved the matter:

“The misunderstanding between personnel of the two responsible security agencies has been properly addressed, and measures have been put in place to prevent a recurrence. The Plateau State Police Command wishes to assure the public that the situation is under control.”

TAGGED:josPolicesoldiers
Share This Article
Facebook Whatsapp Whatsapp Telegram Copy Link

Recent Posts

  • “Every ‘No’ Was A Lesson”- Actress Funke Akindele Talks Resilience And Life Lessons
  • “I Had No Idea He Was Married”- Maria Chike Breaks Silence On Husband-Snatching Allegations
  • “She Didn’t Accuse Anyone”- VeryDarkMan says Mirabel cannot be arrested for false accusation
  • “Nigerians are patient people. Let us be patient”- Nigerian Man Backs Tinubu, Urging Patience
  • “I Don’t Think She Is Okay”-VDM Speaks on Mirabel’s Situation, Raises Wellbeing Concerns

Recent Comments

No comments to show.

You Might Also Like

EntertainmentGossipsNewsNigeria

Court Upholds Bench Warrant Against Mercy Chinwo’s Former Manager Over $345,000 Fraud

February 18, 2025
NewsNigeria

Senate Panel Uncovers ₦300bn and $200bn Missing in Crude Oil Revenue

November 27, 2025
GossipsNigeria

“I Thought I’d Be Married by 21″- 40-Year-Old Woman Blames Past Mistakes for Being Unmarried

January 24, 2026
AnambraAnambra NewsNewsPolitics

Governor Soludo Charges South East Development Commission To Prioritize Railway Connecting Southeast States, Reassures Traditional Worshippers, And Awards Strategic Contracts

February 25, 2025
Facebook Twitter Youtube Rss Medium

About US

iConfirm Blog: Your instant connection to breaking stories. Specializing in eye witness reportage, we deliver firsthand accounts, particularly in current events. Trust us for reliable news updates 24/7 across politics, tech, and entertainment.

Top Categories
  • News
  • Politics
  • Education
  • Anambra News
  • Entertainment
  • Sports
  • Business
  • Tragedy
  • Health
Usefull Links
  • About
  • Contact
  • Complaint
  • Advertise
  • Privacy Policy
iConfirm BlogiConfirm Blog
Follow US
© 2025 iConfirm Blog. Developed by SINCOPEDIA. All Rights Reserved.
  • About
  • Contact
  • Complaint
  • Advertise
  • Privacy Policy
Join Us!
Subscribe to iConfirm Blog newsletter and never miss our latest news, podcasts etc.
Zero spam, Unsubscribe at any time.
Welcome Back!

Sign in to your account

Username or Email Address
Password

Lost your password?